Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bees!

Lately I've been talking about adding bees to our menagerie. Hubby thinks I'm a little crazy (what's new) to add any new animals. He might suggest I'm nesting but I think our three teenagers are enough to remind me why we don't want more kids.
This barnyard animal craze started when my plan to have chickens was thwarted by the HOA. Getting 90% of the homeowners to agree to anything is just not feasible. Quite a few of the neighbors suggested I not ask next time... just do it. I think if the bees happen that is the path I will take.
So... This picture is of a bee hanging out on my asters. I start smiling when I think about having a hive in my backyard. I might need to move first but it'll happen someday!
Holly McHugh
503.816.5500

No comments:

Post a Comment