Thursday, September 8, 2011

No Photos Please

This is the morning I water the neighborhood flowers. The small entrance to the tract that I'm attempting to populate with hardy, drought tolerant species that sport colorful flowers. It's been fairly successful. I've lost a pansy or two along the way but I am developing a greener thumb.
Today I crawled under the flowering tree that guards the hose and found this gorgeous spider. Don't get me wrong, she scared the pants off me at first (she's a big girl!) but we developed a nervous friendship. Read as: I shivered and she ignored me.
I moved part of her web, just grabbed the part that was in my way and attached it to another branch. When I came back later she was using the portion I moved and had set up shop again. She is so adept at having a transient existence that she doesn't seem to mind when someone comes along and stirs things up.
So I'm standing under that flowering tree writing a post (with one eye on her in case of sudden movements) thinking that I want to be that flexible. I want to be comfortable with change and movement as well as the unknown. I'm going to get through most things with the resilience I've developed so far and where that doesn't work I will learn and adapt. I'm actually made to do just that!
So... It's time to re-read the inside of my wedding ring... Ancora Imparo. I'm learnin'.
And getting the hell out from under this tree.
Thanks husband... Me too.
Holly McHugh
503.816.5500

No comments:

Post a Comment